You can join ElecTel Cooperative FCU if you are a member/consumer (or a family member) of one of our approved North Carolina electric or telephone cooperatives. Membership is also open to the employees, directors, and officers of the electric and telephone cooperatives in North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Tennessee, and West Virginia. Family members – anyone related to you by blood, marriage, or adoption – are also eligible to join.
...Set Apart from the Rest!
Anyone can offer financial services, but credit union membership is truly a unique experience. Unlike a bank, whose primary goal is to maximize profit for a select group of stockholders, credit unions are owned and governed by members. Any everyone has an equal voice. ElecTel Cooperative FCU exists to serve your financial needs by offering a full range of affordable, easy-to-obtain services. Our “profits” are returned to you in the form of higher savings rates, lower loan rates, and fewer fees than you’ll find at most other institutions.
Once a member, Always a member.
Changing jobs or retiring? You don’t have to leave the credit union – your membership is good for life! Be sure to take ElecTel Cooperative FCU’s convenient and affordable financial services with you wherever you go!
ElecTel Cooperative FCU offers a full range of personalized services designed to meet the financial needs of its members and their families.
- Free Checking
- Visa Credit and Free debit cards
- Money market accounts
- Auto loans
- Secured and unsecured loans
- Home Equity Loans
- Free Online Banking, Bill Pay, and eStatements
- Accounts insured by NCUA up to $250,000
How to Join ElecTel Cooperative Federal Credit Union
If you are within our field of membership and would like to begin enjoying the credit union benefit, all you need to do is complete a brief membership application and submit it with a minimum deposit of $1. This opens your regular share (savings) account, which makes you eligible for all of our other member-friendly services. You have 3 easy options to open your new account today:
- Visit our website at www.electelccu.org. You can open and fund your account online and complete everything in one simple step.
- You can fax the signed membership application to (919) 876-8018.
- Come by one of our branches to open your account in person. Any way you choose, we make it simple for you to enjoy all of our products and services. We invite you to visit our website at www.electelccu.org to find out more!